Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Little Artist


Staying along with the theme of staying home... (I put $10.00 in last Tuesday and haven't had the need to fill up yet... I will today though!) I have been having to think of things to do. Miss D has been asking me to do painting and I just haven't let her do it. Well I decided yesterday to let her. She was SO happy. We got out the paint and filled up a ice cube tray with little bits of color and she went for it. She painted 3 paper plates and a few pieces of construction paper. I'm not a crafty person so I can't think of fun projects for her to do. She was just like Mr. D... keeping everything so small. Mr. D has the smallest writing. She was very meticulous with the need to keep her paint brush clean between colors and then wiped off after it was dipped in the water to clean it. She made a few swooshy circles... but mostly kept to small strokes. At one point she said that she had painted a river... and it was blue and snake like... just like a river. (my little artist). Well guess what the 1st thing was that she wanted to do today...PAINTING. I stretched it out until about 10 am. Then she was ready to paint. She did 2 more paper plates and then was done. Too cute!

4 comments:

Erica said...

I can't wait to see them! That is something that Rara hasn't asked about yet...I'm kind of relieved! They do have fun with it though!!! I have a game frome Discovery Toys that I'll bet she'll love! It's yours next time I see you! It's never gotten much use here!!! My kids don't understand the "sitting down" thing, if they're not moving..they must be sick!!!

jlchristblog said...

oh! i can't wait to see!
how fun. i still haven't let callie paint yet.
she did marker up her sister the other day when it was nice, she was coloring outside and little sis was in the jumper thing well, she had callie's artwork on her arm. too funny!

jlchristblog said...

callie keeps saying" more aly paint"

; )

Steph said...

Oh my WORD, she is too adorable! I can't believe how neat she is being. Fun pics!