Tuesday, August 5, 2008




My little Miss D has been coming out of her room in the middle of the night and climbing into bed with me... not cool!

We decided to bribe her with stickers to say in her bed all night. Three stickers and then she gets to go to the dollar tree and pick out a treat. So in 3 nights.... she had 3 stickers... it worked! After church on we headed to the store so that she could pick out whatever she wanted to buy. I asked her on the way what she was going to get... she said "fruit snacks". Ok whatever.. I did tell her that she could get whatever she wanted. I don't buy her fruit snacks so here was her chance to get some! She had said that she wanted purple fruit snacks. I wondered if the dollar tree would even have fruit snack let along purple ones. My little prophetic girl... I knew that she had never seen fruit snacks in the dollar tree before. We have only been there a few times. After a few times up and down the aisles I came across the fruit snacks. They were on the top shelf of the aisle and there were only one kind. Guess what color the box was... PURPLE. Crazy huh.. I think my little girl may have a gifting. This is not the 1st time that she has surprised me with something like this. But that is a whole different post...
We opened the box and there was 4 packets... so 3 more stickers and she gets to have another packet. What has happened the last 2 nights... climbing back in bed with me! I need to crack down tonight! Mr. D is out of town for work and I do have to admit that I like to snuggle with my little Miss D! Not tonight though! I'm cracking down... I'm not backslidding!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

BE STRONG!!! Maybe you need to reward YOURSELF when you crackdown!

Alyssa said...

HEY!!! I just saw that you commented on my blog. How fun to see your blog. I've been reading it for the past 20 min or so and was quite moved by the experiences you shared about Hazel. What a hard thing to have to endure. . .but what a beautiful way that you have endured it! I'm sure God is very pleased with your strength. And will use you as a tool to reach out to others.

Anyway, you look like you are doing great! Next time I'm in town I'd love to catch up. Where is Jessica these days?

I love blogging because of this reason. . .you get to find and keep in touch with friends that you think about often. . .but may have lost touch with over the years. Thanks again for finding me!!!!