Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Wedding

The flowers turned out great. The transport however left much to be desired. I had rigged up what Mr. D and I thought would work like a charm. But as I was pulling out of the driveway I was thinking otherwise. Remember these florals had lilies in them... they don't take to falling over very well. They get bruised and battered. I made it to the bottom of our road. I had to pull off the road to readjust the florals that were teetering in the back of my car. I had put a waterproof table cloth and a towel underneath the arrangements for the ride. Good thing because I needed them for propping after I took out the florals and put them in another way. But they were very front heavy and wanted to fall forward. So I rigged up a way for them to each be laying on their "back" against the sides of the back of the car..It worked! But I'm sure the people that were following me around the corners didn't like me so much. I took them so slow because depending on the right or left turn on or the other could fall against the other one. Did that make any sense? I dropped Miss D off at my parents house for a nap (that never happened) and headed ever so carefully over to the church. I brought them in and set them up and the one on the left kept wanting to fall forward. Not something that you want to happen during a wedding. So I went on the hunt for a small couple rocks that I could put in the back of the arrangement and weigh down the back of the container... so that it wouldn't fall forward. I couldn't find one anywhere! I headed back to see my cousin the beautiful BRIDE and back in the nursery of the church is where my cousin's husband found a rock for me. It was a bit big.. but designed perfect because it was slightly heart shaped so I could rest it half way in the container and half way on the table. It worked like a charm. They stayed in place for the wedding and then were moved downstairs for the reception. I didn't move them and only a few people even knew that I had made them. I'm not sure who moved them downstairs... but they didn't take note of the rock . Once they were downstairs and set on the pedestals that they were to sit on.... lefty kept falling forward. So I sat in my chair with a "tail light guarantee" that once the tail lights are gone the guarantee is up... my cousin's husband (the rock hound) must have went back upstairs to get the rock to hold the container from falling forward... but a man had to stand there and hold it until he got back. The beauty in this story is that the bride and groom will never know that any of this happened because her people rose to the occasion to make her day perfect... as it was I'm sure.!


3 comments:

Erica said...

Sounds like fun...not! Talk about the stress! I'm glad they made it there in one piece and everything turned out ok! They look amazing! I hope you guys had a great evening! When are WE getting together? Haven't seen you guys in so long! I'm missing you!

Kelli said...

miss you guys! It's great to see a pic of the two of you...glad everything worked out for the wedding.

The Edelbrocks said...

The flowers look so great! Good job!