Thursday, August 7, 2008

Welcome Home Mr. D


We welcomed Mr. D home tonight from being gone all week. I made Meatloaf and he asked for me to make it just like his mom did. It is her recipe and I have made it so many times and each time it just isn't the same. I'm sure all you wives out there are feeling me on that one. Well tonight I got it spot on. Moist and full of flavor. I think the full of flavor was because Miss D was helping me make it and she was in charge of shaking the spices in. She didn't listen to well to the first, second and third time I said stop. So we were heavier than normal on garlic salt... perhaps that was the key. I had a special helper in the kitchen and I thought it would be fun for her to help with the mashing of the meatloaf. She dug right in and didn't mind the feel at all. We had fun cooking together. She is getting so good at being careful and listening. Mr. D also came home to as you can see in the picture me with a new hairdo! I was fed up with my long hair and called to get a hair appt. I was able to get in this morning. My mom strolled Miss D around while I was getting my hair CHOPPED. She put it in a ponytail and then cut it off. The pony tail is about 10 inches long. Locks of Love anyone! So I had the pony tail on the counter when he walked in from being gone all week. I was upstairs.. I heard him come and greet Miss D.. Then I came down the stairs... Surprise honey I butched my hair. I'm so not attached to my hair at all. I love a good change. I also love the woman that cuts my hair at Toni N Guy. I have never had a bad haircut in my life... the price I paid I cannot udder aloud. I have done a few floral jobs in the last few weeks so that in my head justified the expense. And also because I haven't had a hair cut since February. So long to my long hair... hello to fun and short new do!

4 comments:

Erica said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! Your hair looks GREAT!!! Looks like Miss D had a good time! Yes, mom puts extra spices in EVERYTHING! 1tsp = 3T!! I hope I didn't just give away her secret!! I'm sure Mr D is glad to be home!

Eryn said...

Your hair is SUPER cute.

Thanks for you sweet comment, you are SO right. I needed to hear it!

meleea said...

love the hair - it is the new thing! everyone is getting their hair cut off this year. i like it on you!

Shannon said...

oh my hubby gave up on me doing things like his mom a LOOONG time ago!!