I'm was a little late this year in getting our annual art project out and done. Miss D reminded me today that we should do it. So we got everything out on the table. It consists of 2 canvas 11x14 in size. I skimped this year and bought cheap ones.. which I would find out during the process that I couldn't wipe off the smudged foot print that wasn't up to my standards. Last year there must have been some kinda something on the canvas that made it very easy to wipe off unacceptable foot prints and do them again. Which last year it was much more difficult to tell my 2 year old how to hold her foot.. kinda relaxed so that her foot print didn't smudge. The hand prints last year had to wiped off SO many times... But this year we got the hands and one of the feet on the 1st try. Her left foot was a little smudged so I grabbed the wet washcloth and started wiping... much to my dismay it left a slight pink hue on the canvas where the 1st try was. So we tried the left foot again carefully placing the canvas to the foot... not letting her step on the canvas so that I could direct the pressure. Much better. She had a ball getting paint all on her hands and feet. Not something that she usually is in to doing. The next project was to let her complete a painting of her very own... no direction from me(which was so hard) and when she said that she was done.. I had to let her be done.. no "are you sure"? "maybe just a little more over here"? She did great. This is a great idea from a great friend who had done it with her son for years. It is so interesting to see the progression in the art year by year. We hung them in her "room" as seen above. They are really cute!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
so fun!
Post a Comment