Friday, March 13, 2009

Pics from the Zoo today.







We had never taken Miss D to the Zoo yet. Yes she is past 3 but really how much would she enjoy it before now. She loved it today. I was surprised by someone coming in the apartment this morning. I has already gotten Miss D her stuff that she needed to watch a few cartoons while I crawled back in bed. Our place is really small so I can still hear her and she can come in and ask me something if needed. It was about 8am when she went out to catch some Little Einsteins... just like everyday. Then about 9am I hear her talking to someone... then I hear her say "Daddy". What..."Daddy"??? Ok.. totally caught in bed while our daughter is watching cartoons and I"m in bed. He walks back to our room and asks me if this is what I do everyday? Well not everyday.. but to be honest most days. Until at least 9am... I cooking a baby and need my sleep... right!
Well we decide that since it was a great day outside lets take Miss D to the Zoo. His lunch is already packed from his work day and so we dress and head out the door to the Zoo. We had a great time and so did Miss D. Her favorite part was the Rhinos. We shared an Elephant ear and then headed home about 2pm. She crashed in the car by the time we were on the freeway. I was about done from the walk back to the car. I was willing one foot in front of the other. My hip flexers were hurting. Once back to our apt we put Miss D down for the rest of her nap and then was down and then about an hour later Mr. D joined the napping. We all slept until about 5pm! Great day with the D's!

2 comments:

Infarrantly Creative said...

I heard you were preggers, congratulations. May God bless that baby in your belly and your move across country. You are brave with a newborn to do that...I HEART the Carolinas. You will love it there it is so beautiful.

Shannon said...

Oh I bet she had such a great time!

"is this what you do everyday?"
HEY....so what if it is!!!!!
get your sleep mama!