Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Green is no fun!

Having a baby with a cold is just no fun. She really hates it when I come near her with the bulb sucker thing... but man does that rattle her brains as I suck the snot out of her nose. Poor little girl. She is such a sad case when she is sick. Don't you wish you could just give your child a tissue and say "Here blow your nose". Not the case I guess. When do they learn that skill? Not soon enough. It is so hard to pin her down with one hand... hold her hands out of the way and try to get her to hold her head still as I approach with the sucker with the other hand. What a production. She has mastered avoiding that thing like a pro! When I just touch the rim of her nostril with the sucker she freaks out! And I mean a ROYAL freak out. Like I was slowly sawing off a limb is what it sounds like. She is napping right now.. thankfully. Sleeping is hard for her when she can't suck her thumb. Her nose is stuffed up so she has to breath out of her mouth. She didn't wake up last night though. Thankfully! Owww... it just feels good to vent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chele!
I am so sorry your little one doesn't feel good! Try using a little salt water in her nose and see if that helps. Just a thought! Oh, and by the time she is two she may be able to start blowing her own nose. Gracie just mastered it!
Martta