Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Camping post #2






We were all about the food over the weekend and the peeps that we went with had glorious ideas in that dept... are you ready for this. Biscuits and gravy cooked over the campfire. The gravy was prepared before with love (yummy sausage) and frozen. So by Saturday morning it had defrosted just enough to slunk into the pan. Then the biscuits were prepared and plopped onto the gravy. Then prepared by Mr. D was a warm place to put the pan and get it cooking. It was again about 10:30am by the time we ate... so that makes for a 2 meal day. "Breakfast", snacks all day and then dinner. I had a great birthday breakfast and then I got to have a nap... we played as a family at the park and sat by the fire. We read a couple chapters out of "When Heaven Invades Earth" and pondered sentence after profound sentence.
My little Miss D did wonderful over the weekend. We had been camping 2 times during her lifetime and both were flops with her... I ended up awake all night with her! ...but this time she was a champ. When she was tired... which ended up being right on schedule with her normal nap time, she told me she was tired and I would ask her if she wanted to go take a nap and she would say YES! It amazed me that she would want to go and take a nap when we were all having a great time hanging out. I would take her to the camper and lay her down. She would curl up with her blanket and pillow and be out for a couple hours. Then she would be ready for bed at like 8pm. We were just finishing dinner and she would tell me she was ready to go to sleep. Crazy huh! So I would get her ready for bed and tuck her in and a few songs later she would be out. Camping really took it out of her. She didn't even flinch when I would crawl into bed later... I would re situate her to make sure that she was warm and she didn't budge. It was so nice to not have to fight her to take a nap... and for her to go to bed without any trouble. Loved it.

2 comments:

jlchristblog said...

who are these crazy cool people you met? i would like that food here at home!!! let alone camping!
ya know chele it is because it was your bday!
; )

Erica said...

Sounds like good times!!