Monday, June 2, 2008

Looks worse than it was....


We worked it in the yard on Saturday. I had 15 yards of compost delivered a few days ago and we got a sunny chance to spread it. About half way through as I was spreading and Mr. D was dumping the lawnmower slipped out of park and started careening backward over the rock wall. The trailer was full of compost and very heavy. Mr. D jumped on the sliding lawnmower destined to go over the edge and dump in the grass and then who know what kind of pile the lawnmower would have been in. Well angels were holding it up as Mr. D was able to stop it from going over and turn it off. I could just see it now... Mr. D in the middle of trailer and lawnmower carnage covered in compost...It didn't get that far thank the LORD!! We then had to get the load out of the trailer. So I called to the neighbor (they were out working in the yard to)... HELP! I think that they could hear the edge in my voice because they came running. Wheel barrows to the rescue as we shoveled out the compost and dumped it out of the way. With the trailer empty now the trailer needed to be taken off... see picture(there was no way it was going back up)... so with the trailer off the lawnmower needed a pull up the embankment. So Mr. D's truck to the rescue. He backed in the truck and with a chain pulled the lawnmower up and out of it's certain demise. All was well and all were without wounds... except my poor ground cover rose that was underneath the lawnmower as it was going backwards... it doesn't look to bad. We went back to our spreading. We had a system down... Mr. D loaded the trailer and then drove to where I needed it and dumped it and then I spread it.. by the time he was back with more I was ready. I got sunburned on my shoulders and a little on my face. But I needed the color! Mr. D thinks that I will peel... but he doesn't believe the power of Arbonne Body Serum and Lotion!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Oh my! That had to have given a good adrenaline rush!!! I'm glad everyone and everything was ok! 15 yards....that is a TON of compost!!! I'm sure everything looks great though!