Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 15th




I know of many friends that have a chance to join in this day to remember our babies that only were with us for to short of time.


If you would like to leave a comment and share about your child (ren) I would like to give you a place to share and remember.


I will start...

Today I remember my baby Hazel Hope who was born on May 30th, 2007. She was 35 weeks old but only was able to enjoy the sound of my voice and never see my face. I enjoyed feeling her movement and dreaming of her little life outside my womb. I didn't think that life would be so wonderful for her. It is a life that I could have never given her here on Earth. A life without sorrow, pain or anger. A life that is shared with our Lord in Heaven. How awesome is that. ? I have to be honest and say those weren't my thoughts on the day that she was born.. or even shortly after that. But it wasn't to many days later when God revealed Romans 8:28 to me.


28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.


What Satan intended as harm.. God would use to bring glory to His Kingdom. And me and my hubby are walking testimonies of that truth. I will be in prayer today for all of you out there who have lost children from this Earth.. but know for sure that you will one day be reunited with them if you have a relationship with the One True God and like the Bible says in

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


and God has also said for those who mourn these beautiful promises...



3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—

to bestow on them a crown of beauty

instead of ashes, the oil of gladness

instead of mourning, and a garment of praise

instead of a spirit of despair.

They will be called oaks of righteousness,

a planting of the LORD

for the display of his splendor.


6 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

Thank you for posting this Michele, I can't wait to meet Hazel in heaven.

Unknown said...

I've never seen a picture hold so much emotion and pain and love.

Erica said...

I miss her too! I agree, her life couldn't have been more perfect and full of joy! She got to KNOW you Mrs. D and love you and was in tune with you. You are the only person she know well, it's a treasure for you and her. Her daddy was a part of her life as well and so was little Miss D. She was an incredibly blessed little girl who beat us all to Heaven and is now a blessing up there, just waiting for us to join her. She changed lives, mended lives, inspired love, healing, faith and commitment, what a LEGACY that little girl left!!! I can't wait to hold her again!

jlchristblog said...

hey chele, tearing up here. we love baby hazel and pray for her and for you always. i can feel exactly those raw emotions just like it was yesterday. i haven't seen that shot for a while. steve's expression says so much. my hearts aches for this. it just isn't fair.

Shannon said...

I remember my baby and how through the loss my faith was greatly increased. In that loss I experienced God's peace in such a real way. I am thankful that God is sovereign, powerful, just and trustworthy.

Hazel Hope is loved and missed! I wonder what those two cousins are up to?

The Edelbrocks said...

I am not sure how I missed this post, but that picture is amazing. There are so many emotions~ You are right when you say she is living an awesome life right now. She is so very lucky to be with Jesus in Heaven.