Saturday, October 11, 2008

Seattle Aquarium





We took a trip to an aquarium today.... her first trip to any sort of place that has animals or fish. I know I haven't taken my daughter to the Zoo.. judge me if you want. I will one of these days. So while visiting family we had an outing today. I'm enjoying all of the amenities. Wireless laptop on my lap with lightning speed internet access. My daughter sleeping upstairs after a bubble bath and I'm enjoying a nice glass of wine. I downloaded all the lectures that I've been saving in my email so that I could burn them to a cd. Good time huh. I'm also going to post pictures too...wow that was fast. Mr. D is hunting for Bambi with his brother. Miss D is also enjoying their dogs. We have been tossing around the idea of getting a doggy... if we do Miss D is going to name "Gracher"... not sure where that came from.... maybe "Gracker.." not sure of the spelling. But if you ask her what she will name her doggy she will say that name. I don't know if I have shared the fun little detail that Miss D and I are learning Chinese. We can count to 10 and we know our colors and how to say milk, water and juice. We also know sun, moon, rain and spider. Also how to say "what is your name" and "my name is". We are having fun with it. I have been tossing the idea around of Homeschooling and so instead of being intimidated of it I thought we would just learn together. I don't know Chinese and neither does she. We can learn together right. Kids have such an amazing ability to learn... they are just like sponges. It's so fun to see her learn. I'm off to surf the internet at lightning speed.

2 comments:

The Edelbrocks said...

Chinese?? Wow! I am impressed! I won't judge you for not taking her to the Zoo yet if you don't judge me that Tayler doesn't know a second language... well she knows some spanish from Dora... does that count? :)

meleea said...

we love the seattle aquarium - so fun! great job on learning chinese. we tried spanish a couple years ago as a family - it is true the earlier you learn the better!