Thursday, February 12, 2009

So Long, Farewell

Well friends... this is the last blog post that will come from my office as I sit here and gaze out at the frost covered grass and Erin's car in the turnaround. We still have snow here and there. The sunrise was amazing this morning. It was just the same as any other day... except the last one that we will enjoy from inside our house.  I'm at a loss for words as I sit here and ponder the last 5 years. We have welcomed 2 children and have another that will never see this place. I'm leaving part of my heart here but I know that it will be safe because it isn't in this house it is next door. Tears are right at the brim today. Mr. D just left to go get the moving truck. Bye House. I'll miss you. 

4 comments:

Erica said...

I'm sure it is very tough for all of you! There is something that ties us to where we make a home! I'll miss it too! But, on the flip side, you guys will be close for a while! Horray! Sorry I couldn't help today. Figures the pukes make their round in our house when you need help most. Sorry! Remember to pray over the house when you leave! The lady who bought it sounds great!!! I'm glad for that!

Kelli said...

OH I'm so sad right now to see that house go and all the great memories!!!!! Good thing your real home is in Heaven so you don't have to worry about where you'll lay your head...sigh...Praying for you...for peace and contentment as you let go of something so beautiful...Hugs

The Edelbrocks said...

~~ I feel for you. So bittersweet. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you adn your sweet family!

Shannon said...

I know when you built that place you saw it as a long term home, so I know it was hard to leave. But with each new home comes new memories, and experiences!