The last two pics are Miss D looking "fierce". I watch the show America's Next Top Model.. I know... I know not the most wholesome show. I dvr it and watch it alone where nobody can make fun of me.. I know there are some of you out there who like this show too! You will be able to appreciate that I have taught Miss D how to be fierce in her photos and this is what she gives me. It is really cute.
She struggled through a french braid today. I didn't make it all the way down her head so the back of her head has straight hair.. she whimpered through the whole braiding process. He hair was slightly wet and I didn't use conditioner which gave me a nice grip on her hair to get it nice and tight. By the end of the day it still looked like she had stuck her finger in a light socket with all the hair that had made it's way out of the braid.. you know the super fine hair that gets all wispy and sits in like an aura around her head. We took the braid out before bed and got these shots.
We had dinner at Costco tonight and Miss D polished off her very own polish dog.. bun and all. She has surprised me with her appetite lately. I hope that she starts to grow vertically soon... her little thighs are getting chubby again. YUM. She went through a puking season and lost some weight..but she is starting to thicken up again.
We have also started to talk to her about the fact that Mr. D and I will be leaving next week to the east coast. Mr. D leaves on Tuesday and I leave on Thursday. I have been talking to her about all the places that she will be staying. She is getting so excited... I hope that she does ok. We went back east last January for 9 days and it was really hard. But here we are almost 1.5 years later and going back again. We will be hitting the pavement in search of a job for Mr. D and looking at houses. We will be staying with the friends that we met at the church that we visited when we were there last. Amazing how God knit that friendship together in only a few days. We are excited about getting back there to see if God has left the door open for us. We are praying for continued direction on if we are to be moving forward with our move. The whole last year and a half we have been praying that God would remove this direction in our life if it wasn't from Hin. It hasn't happened. We sold our house. We are still excited to see what God has for us over there. We feel like God is calling us but we aren't sure for what. It may be for a career change like we have "planned". But God is so cool at working with our "plans" and then shaping them and us into where He wants us. We don't know what the future holds for us.. only that God is leading us and we are following close. We have no strings attached anymore and are free to move and be where He wants us. (not that our family and friends aren't strings... we will miss them terribly) I look at it like..... there is eternity... If you are saved then we will be hanging out in Heaven together forever....If you arn't then we need to talk because that is a whole other conversation)We can't wait to see what He does on this trip. The last trip we took rocked our spiritual world and we hope and pray that we get to have another trip like that. That trip has sustained us for such a long time. When we left there last time we didn't know how long it would be until we were back. We had "expectations" of how we thought it would play out in our mind. I thought that we would have been back there by the end of last summer. God had other plans in mind. So here we are such a while later and headed back.
I need to get some shorts or capris I think.. IT IS ACTUALLY WARM THERE.










2 comments:
I'm so excited to hear about your guys' journey! God's ways amaze me.
I can hardly wait to have little Miss here this week! I haven't told Rachelle yet so that she's not asking every MOMENT of every day!!! I'm still planning on picking you guys up to go to the airport.....is that right still??? I'm sure you guys will have a nice trip!!!
Post a Comment