Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Time away




When you have a baby it really makes you cherish the memories that you had as a couple without kids. Not that having a baby drags you down. It just changes everything. In a good way, don't get me wrong. Aly had her 1st slumber party with my parents last Friday to prepare her (and me) for when we go to Vegas in a few weeks. When I stopped to think of the last time that Steven had been anywhere alone, it was to the Mayan Riviera Spring 2005. I'm excited for our weekend getaway to Vegas, but it just breaks my heart knowing that I will be away from my little tot for two nights. She did amazing with my parents over night. I dropped her off at 5pm and they had dinner and they played. Around 8pm they did the usual bedtime routine and put her to bed. She cried a little, but my mom said that it wasn't as bad as I expected her to cry. She fell asleep quickly and didn't wake up until 6:45am! Thank you Lord! Steven and I woke up to a quiet house and then went to breakfast. We made out way over to my parents house around 11am to get her. She was happy to see us, but it was like "hey guys, wanna play with me?" It was like we were more happy to see her! O well. I'm just glad that I can have piece of mind when we are out of town for a few nights.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Cute pics, Michele. You're a hottie. :) And I love you with bangs!