Monday, April 13, 2009

Baby D update


We got to see baby this morning... in 3-D! It was so cool. I have alot of fluid for him to float around in.. which made getting a clear face shot of him in 3-D really easy. He was posed with his hand right up by his face. He has Miss D's little nose and some really luscious lips. Super cute. They also measured my cervix today.. which I have never experienced before. It was invasive but a productive test. My cervix was measuring at a 5. Ideally they want it to be 3.5 to 4. So mine is long and there are no sign that it is opening at all. I also had my glucose test today.. and I'm thankful that they WON'T be calling me tomorrow with any abnormal results (Thank You Jesus)!  Thank you Lord for keeping my body in harmony as we approach countdown to baby. He was super active during the appointment and she was able to see everything that she needed to measure and all was normal! I got the go ahead for my trip back to the East Coast and I will go back to the doctor when I get back. My appointments are getting closer together... which means I'm getting to the end of the pregnancy... which means we are closer to meeting our son! All is good and I give God all the praise for His strength! 

5 comments:

Mara said...

How exciting!!! When are you due?? Congrats!

Kel said...

Wow, fun to meet the little guy! What a ham...also glad to hear your not progressing towards labor yet, as you shouldn't be...me, however, I am 15% efaced and spent all day Friday contracting...at only 23 weeks! So, I go back in on Thur and if I've lost any more length on my cervix it'll be best rest for me...ugh...sigh...woe...

Erica said...

Oh wow! He is so beautiful!!! Or should I say handsome!!! Wow, what a great shot. I can HARDLY wait to see him and hold him and kiss him.....wow, it's been a long time since we had a little boy to love on!!! I'm SOOO happy for you guys! Glad to hear the test went well!!!

Erica said...

BTW, I think June 27th would be the PERFECT day for him to be born!!! wink wink!!!

Shannon said...

can't wait to meet that little cutie1