
We stayed close to home this weekend because Mr. D was under the weather. We had family over on Sunday night. That was great fun. The little girls were so cute playing together. We shared some dinner and watched the NASCAR race. Darn Jimmy Johnson won... But Carl Edwards was close behind him. I was
so hoping for a Jimmy crash so that Carl could win.... but no such luck. I guess 2nd is ok. And then my other fav Greg Biffle got like 13th... c'mon Greg pull it together. You gained like 32 spots with an awesome pit and you still got 13th. I'm still pulling for him. There are only a few races left before the chase. Maybe that was a little TMI about Nascar...but hey I'm a fan ok. Still love me!
So, I tackled Miss D's room. It needed a little girl transformation. I did some of
Shannon's wall art.

We took a trip to Ikea on Monday (along with the entire state). I picked up one of those hangy mesh things to hold all her "friends". She loved to put them "in there".


I had the pink flower light from the nursery... I wanted to get another one at Ikea but they were out of the pink flowers.. so I got the green Ladybug. That is my bed spread and my doll house from when I was a little girl. That black mirror was in that room from before when it was our extra bedroom. I had that green piece of furniture down stairs in the entry way, but I saw it in a new light when it could be used to hold all her books. Her
Auntie Kristin gave her the butterfly mobile for her 1st birthday. Now all it needs is a fun coat of paint. But that is low on the priority list. Mr. D isn't a fan of painting(since he already painted the entire house while building) so getting him to help me would be a minor miracle.

Yes, I did paint the flowers in the pictures next to the black mirror. I'm not much of a painter.. but I gave it my best effort. I had made like 6 of those for her nursery and now some of them are in her bathroom. I also got those frames in the bright colors from Ikea. Man, Ikea is awesome.
2 comments:
Great job on the wall art!!! I love it...the room looks great...
You are becoming such a crafty girl!
Post a Comment