Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Talk about ANNOYING!
Mr. D and I have been working on some various projects around the house. One of them has been sheet rock touch up and touch up painting. I took my paper that had all the paint colors and base colors on it into the local paint store. Where we got the paint initially. I only needed a bit so he used a gallon of paint base to make me a few quarts of a few different colors. A little back ground info first. When Mr. D painted our interior walls while the house was being built he used a sprayer. Which mixes just the slightest bit of water into the paint. We know now that changes the paint sheen ever so slightly. Well back to the story. I had taken a few months picking out paint colors for the house. It was a hard task because I knew that the walls would NEVER be repainted. Mr. D and I HATE painting. I love the result of painting... BUT HATE the job of painting. So I chose a paint color called Tabu for the laundry room and for the guest full bath. I had chose a different color... I don't remember the name now for the den, dining and the bonus room. It was suppose to be a light pale yellow. I came up to the house after a day at work and Mr. D had been working on painting the house. I was SO excited to see the paint on the walls. He had done the laundry room and the bath. LOVED IT. Then he had done the den, dining and bonus room. HATED IT! It was like neon green. Why Mr. D didn't stop painting the horrendous color I'll never know. When I put the paint sample up to the wall it was wrong. I called the paint store and they said they would make me a new batch. I wasn't about to try that color again, so I just had them make me a new batch of Tabu so we could use that color in the den, dining and bonus. I knew that I loved the sagey green color... so there would be no surprises. Unknown to me they used a different base for the second batch. That means that the 2 Tabu colored rooms are just so slightly different. So that means that I have to have two different cans to touch up those rooms. And remember that they were all initially painted with a sprayer. I just took to digging out the list so that I knew which Tabu went where. I started my touch up and I can see all of them! Talk about just about going loopy. I just got done repainting a wall and the ceiling in the bath upstairs because it was so noticeable. The sheen is just a little different that you can see where I touched up! I touched and then retouched with the other base of Tabu to make sure that neither of the paints would cover correctly. Uggggh! How annoying. I'm nervous about touching up the main wall color because I think that it is going to be the same story. Different sheen.... just enough to see the touch ups. I can see the touch up in our master bath also. It is a different color. The crazy thing is that sometime I can see it and in other places it doesn't look so bad. I think I'm going to have to repaint all the areas that need to be touched up. That really doesn't sound like FUN AT ALL!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
That is so frustrating!! I'm so sorry for you, especially if you hate painting. One question for you, do you use tape to do edges? If you do, there is really handy little tool at HD or Lowes that has little rollers on the top so you don't have to tape. Saves SOOO much time! If you don't have one, I'll loan you mine to try! Really, it makes painting a lot more fun!!! I wish I could come and help...not this week though! If you're still painting next week, I'll totally come and help!!! Luv ya!
oh chele, if i was up there i would help you! i don't mind painting, i actually kind of like it. except cutting in the ceiling part .
: )
can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment