Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New and Improved


My blog readers... I come to you from my NEW computer. Let me tell you that my last one was pre marriage and very achient. But I am moving into 2008 at a nice quick speed. With dial-up still but with more ram and speed. I'm loving Windows Vista. I had heard mixed reports on the radio, but I think that they worked most of the bugs out and I like it just fine. We had a wonderful Christmas. We downloaded Itunes (3.5 hours) and I've been loading all my cd on there for my Ipod. Miss D is feeling much better. Her voice is back and so is her energy. Croup really got her sown but I surly enjoyed all her snuggle time. Now she just has a bit of a cruddy cough... but nothing to stress about. We made it through without even taking her to the doctor. I questioned myself a few times.. but my SIL who is a nurse practitioner reassured me and said that she would get worse before she got better and that was very true. It lasted a week and we are just coming out of it. So nice to have my girl back. Here are a few pics of my croupy little girl on Christmas eve and Christmas day.







We had a great New Years Day. Every year we spend it with Mr. D's family and we eat Abelskivers. It is a traditional Danish Dish and so very yummy. We stayed there all day... just like we do every year. We watched football and played games. Miss D got a nap and it was fum to just vegg out and snack all day. I was talking with Mr. D later that night over some tea and I shared with him how I don't like the feeling of being full all day. There is just something wrong with now feeling the hunger feeling. I wasn't feeling hungry but it was lunch time and so I thought... well I better eat lunch. I wasn't hungry though... but I still ate. I was full of junk. Today I'm back to 1200 cals and I'm on to lose the last "10". I bet that it is a few more after the last few weeks of trying to squeeze a workout here and there. Also eating all the holiday yumminess!


What should I do as a work out today... uggg such a habit to start again. A habit shouldn't be something to start and stop. I love the fact that my clothes fit and I'm determined to have made a life change.




Mr. D and I are taking a trip to North Carolina soon. I'm looking forward to getting away for a little while. We had planned to be gone for 5 days but somehow I booked the plane tickets wrong... or there was a mess up on someones part(maybe the airline)... anyways the tickets are for 8 days now! It was going to cost $850.00 to change the fare. We just decided to go with it and stay the whole time. Anybody out there have any suggestions for lodging? We have the 5 days we had planned on booked. But now we are going to be there for 3 more nights and we need somewhere to stay. We are thinking we might just wing it and decide once we are there. I need to get our car booked today. What about driving to South Carolina? Goergia? Virginia?


Those are all options.
I was going to post more pics but blogger is being picky.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Did you miss the asparagus??? That was healthy...Oh, and this is not Erica...it is The MIL