Thursday, February 7, 2008


Guess who isn't wearing daipers anymore... my little MISS D.

She got some 2T panties for her birthday and she was so interested in wearing them that we went for it. At night I would put a diaper over her cute little panties just in case. Well.... she hasn't woke up wet the last 5 days. So for 5 days she hasn't had an accident and has been completly daiper free. We went to BSF yesterday and she didn't wear a diaper. She could come to the children's program now that she is 2. She did so well. I was leaving her in a classroom with people that she had never met before and out the door I went. She cried for about 2 minutes... just long enough for me to feel my heart ripping out of my chest. I was working in the classroom next door with the 4-5 year olds... blessings... because I knew that she had stopped crying and I could hear that she was having fun.
The Bible lesson that the children learned yesterday was about the diciples in the boat and then Jesus walked on water over to the boat as the water was overtaking their boat. Jesus was concerned about his diciples and was going to comfort them and the shortest route to the boat was to go over the water. Peter saw Jesus and called to Him and then Jesus called Peter to come out to the boat and walk to Him. Peter by faith STEPPED OUT OF THE BOAT! He began to walk to Jesus. He was walking until he saw the surroundings and realized that he was afraid of being overcome by the waves and began to sink. Jesus held out His hand to Peter and rescued him. Jesus commended Peter for having a "little" faith. "O you of little faith" as Jesus said. I think that in that verse the "little" is meant to complement Peter on stepping out of the boat when all the other diciples decided to stay in the boat. Think of how much further Peter could have walked if he would have just kept his eyes on Jesus. That story was JUST what I needed to hear. I have never served in the BSF children's ministry and of all days to serve and hear that story. It was all God's planning.
I just realized that I wouldn't be putting a diaper on her anymore and that part of our life is over... mommy and baby. But we have moved on to panties and they are so much cuter. So there you go. I feel blessed to have a 2 year old that doesn't wear diapers anymore. But I guess that God know how much we can bear and with all that has been happening in our lives lately that has been so nice to have her just make that change with only 2 accidents (both on the tile floor... easy cleanup).

No comments: