My little Miss D got a belated Valentine's Day present from her Grammy. It was a chocolate See's Candy Sucker and a Fluffy Dragon that sings and flutters it's wings. She calls it Hippo Girl. It is so cute.. without the fluttering wings it would be annoying. She has been bringing it to me to be wrapped up in her blanket so that she can carry Hippo Girl around. She pets her head and rubs her back... Miss D is so tender. Back to the sucker. Add a little heat and saliva to a chocolate sucker and BAM! you get a sticky mess. Miss D sure enjoyed it. I put her in her old highchair that was out from under the stairs.. as part of the cleaning and thinning out of stuff. She enjoyed her sucker while sitting in that chair. The stickies were contained to the highchair... an easy surface to clean off.
More on my little daughter.... There are times during the day when I wonder if I have had any quiet in the last while. She yammers on at the mouth pretty much all day. Unless she is sitting watching a movie or something. How soon is it to play the quiet game? I know that she is only 2... so maybe it is a bit soon. I think that I would get a blank stare of confusion if I asked her to play that game with me. She would rather have some music playing and be dancing around or have me following her around with my hands on her shoulders singing "Down by the Station." She learned a new word the other day. Mr. D pointed out her collar bone. I didn't think that she would ever remember that. It is kinda random don't you think? Well after a bath today she made sure that I didn't forget that she knew where her collarbone was. Such a silly girl. Tonight she liked to have her blanket layed over the coffee table so that Hippo Girl could lay on it. So I would fluff it nicely on the coffee table and it would bug her if one of the corners wasn't layed out just right. I would purposely fluff it so that one of the corners didn't lay straight just to see what she would do... "momma fix it" is what she would say. Mr. D and I just sat there shaking our heads. Details... Detail. This girl is all about the details. I was cleaning the other day and she went into her bathroom and pulled out a Costco wetwipe and followed me around "doing her work" she wiped down the tv in the playroom and the printer and the window sills. She is such a "special helper". I sure do love her. Hard to believe that she is 2! I just loaded my cd's of old pictures on to my new computer... she likes to watch the video clips of when she was a baby. I do too!










No comments:
Post a Comment