Thursday, June 4, 2009

We took Miss D out for some ice cream the other night. It was really hot and our apartment was without air conditioning (we have a window unit now). But those hot days that we had were brutal up here. At about 5pm I would get super grumpy and annoyed. We would have to leave the apartment in order for me to not lose it. We wandered down to our lovely neighbors (Mr.D's parents) and sit on their back patio. It was funny that it would usually be around dinner time and so we would end up going out or eating there. Ice Cream this day was after a dinner out on the waterfront. We couldn't sit outside at the restaurant but there was seating that lined the patio and they had the walls taken off the building to enjoy the weather. I'm now getting to the point of uncomfortableness. By the way Miss D powered through this entire ice cream cone. By the way... notice her ears. We got them pierced to celebrate baby Hazel's 2nd birthday. She still cries when we clean them but I'm thinking it is out of anticipation that it will hurt. It may hurt a little still...... it has only been a week. They are really cute and haven't really bothered her at all. I was thinking we would hear it from her when she tried to sleep... but she hasn't made a big deal about it. She needs daddy while she gets them cleaned to hold her... I'm the bad guy cause I do the cleaning. They haven't gotten red at all and are doing really great.

He is still breech so I don't have that heaviness feeling but it is getting more and more interesting to have a head lodged in my right ribs. Today I was trying to put lotion on my legs and I could barely reach over because his head was blocking my rib cage from allowing me to reach my legs. I really am doing well and so is he. Except for the breech part. If he doesn't flip before the week of the 22nd of June I will have him that week. That will be my 38th week. If he does flip I will get to be induced the week before that. I really don't care either way... I just want him to be healthy and happy. He is still so active and wiggly. I went in on Tuesday for an NST (Non Stress Test) where they hooked me up to monitor his heartbeat and my contractions (which I'm not having any). He looked wonderful. He had the hiccups when I was in there. They also measured my fluid level and it was well within normal range. So he still has lots of room to move around. A week ago he was almost 6 pounds. I go in again tomorrow for a NST. 





Last Sunday we celebrated my cousin's upcoming wedding with a day out in a limo for wine tasting. Yes... I had a few sips. It amounted to I would guess a few teaspoons... but it was so yummy. I got a bottle of the one that was our favorite.  We had a great time out. I had never been on a tasting excursion. We only made it to 2 wineries but we still had a great time. 

We also said goodbye to Mr. D's truck tonight. Miss D was heartbroken. She loved going with daddy on dates in his truck. She broke down and had a good cry as the people showed up to by the truck. She even gave it a few pats good bye. It was really sweet. We put the truck up on Craigslist and the 1st person that called on it wanted to by it. I bet it was only on Craigslist for a few days. We still have my car up on Craigslist and we are about to renew the ad for my car. Anyone want to buy a 2007 Jeep Commander? Down to one vehicle... that should be interesting. I guess it shouldn't be to bad... Mr. D doesn't have a job.

1 comment:

Kel said...

nice update...I've neglected my blog this past few months...been too tired to journal I guess...anyhow, great pics and we're praying for baby to flip or do whatever the Lord knows is best for you this time around...remember, 'He's got the whooooole world, in his hands." :) Hugs