Thursday, June 28, 2007

me and my girl


When your child has a fever and isn't feeling well it is a sad thing. Is it bad that I kinda like that she is so snuggly with me? I know she feels horrible... I clipped her fingernails and she cried. You know when you have a fever everything hurts. Apparently her fingernails were included. Poor girly. So feverish little Aly was my little snuggly bug all day Tuesday and most of Wednesday. Today she is getting back to her on the go self... but she has temporary lapses back into snuggleland. I enjoy that I can cuddle her so close and not have a big huge belly in the way. It is the small little things like that which give me joy right now. I would still be huge pregnant and getting within days of my due date, but instead I get to enjoy a sick little baby that wants to snuggle with her mama. Snuggling with Aly makes missing and not being able to hold Hazel a little bittersweet. I get to hold a 28 pound little toddler on her way to becoming such a little girl and I get to rest in the thought of Hazel praising God and hanging out with Jesus in Heaven. I have so much in life to be thankful for and at this time in my life I'm living in thankfulness everyday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Ally is feeling just a bit better...that's a sweet picture of the two of you...looking forward to hanging out on Wed...miss you guys...
Kel

Anonymous said...

oops, I gave Aly two L's instead of 1...bad auntie... :P ~Kel