
I bought Mr. D a Nintendo DS for Christmas this year. It was a joint present because I knew that I would get some use out of it too. I bought the game Brain Age 2. It begins with a test to determine the players brain age. There is a series of tests I had to go through...randomly chosen. Long story short my brain age was 80! That didn't make a girl feel very good. So... the point of the game is to improve brain function. The game is set up to give you certain exercises everyday to imporve brain function. I can retake the brainage test daily. I have taken the test again a few times. Only after a few days of training in between. A few of the tests are... Word Scramble (unscrambling words), Piano Player (using the stylus to play the tune of the song given), Memory Sprint (keeping track of a little runner as he goes ahead of people and falls behind and then at the end telling what place he came in) and a few more games. It unlocks more training modes the more daily stamps I get. My brain age began at 80 and went down to 70. Then it went to 52 then back up to 56. I took the brain test today and my brain age (I'm glad to say) is now 38!!! I have to say that I am actually getting better at doing math in my head. Not a skill that I have ever had. I have always been stuck counting the way that I learned in 1st grade. I will expain it to anyone who wants to know. But it has always been a stumbling block for me in learning to memorize the math ploblem and the answer. I feel like my brain is getting quicker and better at memorizing and counting. I really like the game. We also bought Super Mario Brothers... so if I'm feeling really good about myself, I will just go and play that game and realize that I have trouble beating a level without having the little mushroom that makes me super big and I can just slam through the level by mowing everything down that was in my way.
Now don't you all feel enlightened and want to go and buy a Nintendo DS.










2 comments:
Funny, I haven't even heard of a Nintendo DS...what is it? I keep hearing about the 'Wee'...that my sis just got for her boys...not sure how to spell it though...
Everyone's sick around here except for me...I'm holding out till the end...
You go girl...don't tell people my brain age!! (LOL)
Hey, You've been tagged....check my blog for details
Post a Comment