Friday, January 11, 2008

Hush Little Puppy get in my Tummy


We had lunch at a Nascar themed restaurant were the waitress had a very thick accent. We ordered and she said that she would be back out with our "Hush Puppies". I thought ok... we didn't order them but whatever. So she came back out and put them on our table. I had to ask.... "What are they?" She said "Hush Puppies" and said "Yes, but what are they?" She said "Deep fried cornmeal". Ok... she suggested dipping in BBQ or in catsup. So we proceeded with our "Hush Puppies". I have to say... they were good. Kinda like deep fried kinda plain corn bread bites. I think they would have been good with honey. But I didn't ask because I didn't want her to think... ok, crazy lady... I'll bring you some honey.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

ooo, I would like those....

Shannon said...

those sound yummy!