
Ok... today was a fun day. Although tonight I've been in a bit of a funk. I'm missing my little baby girl. We have been gone for only a few days and I'm feeling pretty torn tonight. I KNOW that she is in the most cuddly special care, but that doesn't do anything for me right now.... other than give me piece of mind. I'm across the nation and not with her. We are watching COPS on TV mixed in with a little Titanic and Legally Blonde 2. I'm kinda finding myself wanting to gather my stuff up quickly and catch the next flight home. I just had 4 oreos and they did taste good... but I still miss my baby. Please tell me that I'm not a bad mom for going on a relaxing trip away with my husband. I'm feeling guilty right now. Ugggggg. What a funk.










5 comments:
You are a GREAT mom and she is doing well. I think she's missing you a bit today too, but she is keeping us in stitches. I tucked her into bed and we read Old MacDonald's farm and Corderoy, and today she talked me out of strawberries at the grocery store, two CD's, a baby doll and some jammys. Not bad for one shopping trip. She cried a little before bed, but it only lasted a minute and she went right to sleep, after I promised her that she could have berries when she woke up. I left Little Mr. D the day after he turned 1 and we were gone for 10 days...it was so hard, but I had to go because it was a business trip that Jim won. He survived well, and I did too. Relax and enjoy your trip - pretend she is the one on a vacation, being spoiled and pampered, because she is. Have a blast you two. But I think you've had enough fried food and oreo cookies ;>)
I echo Shannon! The best moms and dads are ones who are each others best friends and put each other before any other human on the planet. Our sweet babies come in a close second...but you will be such a better mommy having spent time investing in your marriage. You are a great mommy for choosing to have quality husband time! Enjoy your trip! (but I do believe missing your girl is totally allowed!! Our first trip away from H was when he was one for a long weekend. We got stuck in literally the BACKROW of the plane. When the plane was unloading, I was ready to crawl over top of the seats to get out to my boy, but husband stopped me.:) )
You are such a great mommy! I agree with what mom & Shannon said! You guys have a great time and know that litte Miss D is having a great time! She'll be MORE than distracted at our house! The kids are all looking forward to her being here....so are Tim and I! =)
Well everyone already said all of the stuff about you being a good mom, so I will just say to enjoy yourself. Not everyone gets such a wonderful opportunity. I think our kids enjoy a change of scenery once in a while too.
I am a firm believer in vacationing without the babes. Tim and I do it one week a year. Last year we went to Hawaii for ten days. It is hard but so worth it. After I get over the hump (where you are at now) it is so great. I promise. And you will want to gobble her up when you see her. and she will be like, "oh man, you are back already," because she is getting spoiled rotten.
Post a Comment