Tuesday, February 12, 2008

closest book at hand...? page 14

I got this idea off another blog I frequent....

I'm going to grab the nearest book I have to me. (the one that I just opened up from Amazon.com)

I'm going to now turn to hmmmm.... page 14. Since that is a special number to me. I have no idea what will be on that page. Then I'm going to read the 1st 3 sentences and then write to all you readers the next 3 sentences.

Here it goes...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Page 14 of the Holy Spirit and You by Dennis and Rita Bennett.
The Holy Sirit having joined Himself to our spirit (1 Cor. 6:17) brings it from death to life; it is "born again," and becomes what St. Paul calls a "new creature" (2 Cor. 5:17; Rev. 21 :4-5).
The new life created by the Holy Spirit in us, is what Jesus calls "eternal life". This doesn't just mean "going on and on," But God's life in us, the kind of life that never runs down, never gets tired, or bored, but is always joyful and fresh (1 John 5:11).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All I can say is that kind of life sounds great to me. Just in that last sentance... I could use some of that Holy Spirit power to get motivated instead of my morning coffee....

Ok... now to tag some friends to do the same fun task.

hmmmm....
Shannon, Jen, Steph, Erica and Margie

Can't wait to see what you all find to type!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

"Lord I want to know you" Kay Arthur page 26

"Isn't it easier to give thanks when you realize that your Father, El Elyon, God Most High, is in control and that NOTHING can happen in His universe without His permission? Even when we are wronged by others, we can still give thanks. Although we have been given a free will, still God so rules and overules that no person, angel, demon, or devil, nor any circumstance of life, can thwart His plan.
--------------
I love that this is the page I turned to. It's such a HUGE part of my faith. If you don't believe that EVERYTHING in life is filtered through the loving hand of God, then where is the hope? I'm not necessarily saying that He hands out pain, sickness, or suffering, but He will allow it if it will draw us nearer to Him and in the end Glorify Him. God is El Elyon and that name means that he is the Most High and is the Sovereign ruler of the universe!

Jen said...

I would LOVE a life that is never run down, bored and always fresh! I guess my quest should continue to be, remaining close to the the One who gives that hope! Thank you for the excerpt. =)