Friday, May 2, 2008

Random Thoughts By Mrs. D

I got my copy of "The Shack" today... I've heard some amazing things about this book and I'm super-excited to read it. The author is a friend of a friend of my friends dad... did you follow that? I'm going to see how far I get tonight. I did however pick up some Billy Graham books at a Local Church Sale today... I went yard-saleing with a friend and our kiddos... we had fun. I mapquested about 6 stops and that website will map from one address to another! We found some fun treasures.. from Latte Snowman Mugs, Sponge Bob Plates, Pampered Chef frosting thingy (for 1 dollar!)... etc. Miss D is down for bed after an evening at a different friends house... both our hubbies are gone and so we did dinner. Hamburgers and cereal... gotta love when I don't have to fix an elaborate dinner because Mr. D has been slaving away all day and is starving and can't wait to get home for a big yummy meal. Anyways...I had to be gone tonight at 6:30 because we had ANOTHER house showing. Different people than the ones in the previous post. These people saw the pics on our realtors website and liked the house from the pics alot... So Miss D and I had to vacate the house during the showing. I cleaned the house like Magda after she gets buzzed on doggy pills... remember that scene from "Something about Mary"... Magda is vaccumming under the couch while lifting it up with one hand... Well that was me today. Without the drugs of course. I cleaned the house and boy is it sparklee! And also MR. D shot his BEAR yesterday!!! WHOO HOO! They made it after driving all day and were able to fit and evening hunt in and pow it was night night for Mr. Brown Bear. I guess the thing is a record for the personal guide that takes them out on this hunt. In 14 years they haven't seen a bear shot that was as big. 6'4'' I guess. I saw the picture.. I will spare you all the blood dripping.. tongue hanging out picture, but Mr. D is shining in the picture! Now he gets to enjoy the rest of the week off. He took a nap today and is just enjoying the country! What a kiss on the cheek from God for Mr. D!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Heard mixed things on that book...read it with the understanding that it's not the Bible...and it was written by a human...as you would any book I guess... :) What happened with that offer you were waiting on?

Erica said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of the book. It's in my favorite pile!!! Also, great job little bro for snagging a bear right off!!! I'm sure he's SOOO happy and now gets some much deserved R&R!!! I hope you have some great times while they're away! Let me know how the showing went!!!

meleea said...

we love that book - it will change your perspective if you have an open mind. God is using it in powerful ways - can't wait to hear what you think!

Mrs. Jones said...

Way to go Mr. D!! We are praying the house will sell and soon. So, right now the girls' favorite person to pretend to be is your daughter! They talk about her all the time, it is so cute. Like Kelli, I have heard some interesting things about that book. I would highly encourage you to check out Tim Challies review (he is one of my fave bloggers and book reviewer) Here is the link http://www.challies.com/archives/book-reviews/the-shack-by-william-p-young.php

Have a great week with your girl. Love, Becky