I just found this picture from a few months ago... I was going to post it but lost it in the mix of all my pics. I was making dinner and found her like this on the recliner. If you know my little Miss D she doesn't just fall asleep in random places. She requires a bed to sleep... she rarely will even get snuggly enough to fall asleep in my arms. But we also trained her that way. She was sleeping 7 hours in a row at 10 weeks. I rarely let her sleep in my arms as a baby....as soon as she was sleepy and according to the schedule I would lay her in her crib. I read Baby Wise and implemented it as routine. ... baby eats, baby is awake, baby get cranky...baby takes a nap. Simple as that. It was an amazing imformational book and it really does work. It was hard to begin with (the crying)... but my girl can nap and go to bed like clockwork. ( and to all you anti-babywise people... she wasnt neglected... I wanted to teach her that it is possible for her to fall asleep on her own and that she didn't need me holding her to fall asleep) She will go and go and go.. but the minute she hits her bed it is night night! So this picture was to cute... I never get to see her sleeping because she is awake when I close the door for her nap and at bedtime. What a little sweetie!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
Yeah for Babywise!!
And a big THANK YOU for introducing us to Babywise!! I will second your belief in the book! Henry went from super-crank and up all night to sleeping through the night in 4 days! Yah! Cute picture, by the way - what a cutie!
She is so darn cute! Those are precious times when they just konk out in pure exhaustion!!! I love it! Her and Rara could run circles around anyone...but then pillow time is so precious too!!
I also swear by baby-wise. Toddler-wise was a bit much for me though. I wondered if the book really worked or if it was just my child. Now I believe it works because BOTH of my children go to bed SO easily. You should try looking in on her though after she's sleeping. I bet she wouldn't wake and it is so nice to watch them sleep.
Post a Comment