I had to go to Michaels to buy more Mod Podge and some of the resin and also some paper and some foam brushes.I also didn't have a circle cutter... so I was hoping that I could work that one out later. I ended up finding a bowl that matched the circle of the plate and using that as my guide. I didn't have any way to make sure if was centered so I just eyeballed it. Then I went out to the garage and found an exacto-knife of the hubby's and tracing around the bowl tuned upside down on his work bench. It was nice and sharp and cut greatly! But hey if I would have had that all on hand this wouldn't have been such a big start up cost. I think that I'm into the thing about $15.00. But there is SO much resin and glue left that over the next say 10 plates I do my cost will be hugely reduced! But it was a super easy project. I got a little crazy with the Mod Podge and it dried a little up on the plate so I'm hoping that I can go back and clean that up a little. I'm a novice you know! Also I could have used a little more resin. But I have NEVER used the stuff before and she wasn't super detailed about the amount of resin to use. I just went for it. Cause that's the kinda girl I am. I gotta do it so I can do it better the next time. I'm for sure going to head to Goodwill and try and find some more plates to do this with. Thanks Infarrantly Creative.... you rock!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
I am so proud of you! You did it! And it turned out fabulous and now you can be in production and make a bunch. Thanks for the linky love. Can I feature this in my You Inspire me post this weekend?
Awesome! What a great job -
LOVE it! I was at Craft Warehouse today and saw a bunch of cute plates. Made me want to try this out too!
Post a Comment