Monday, October 30, 2006

Chunky Monkey

Miss D is sitting amongst her pile of paper and books again. What a busy little girl she is. My brother and his wife came over for a visit this weekend. We had a great time with them. Thanks for making the trip down Kevin and Jen. Now, when I say that WE had a great visit that's what I mean... Miss D on the other hand, decided that she wanted to wake up after 3 hours of sleep. I fed her, then tried to put her back to bed. Well...1 hour later she was ok with that. Then I heard crying at 4:45am. I go in and she thinks it is time to wake up. She was all ready to get down on the floor and start playing with her toys. I had other plans! I fed her again and put her back to bed. Then she woke up at her normal time of 7am. That night gave me an all to familiar taste of what it was like to have a newborn. I was SO tired in the morning. I should have told the story of the night before as a lead in to this story.... Well here is goes... and beware if you have a uneasy stomach don't read on. Saturday evening was going normal. I had feed Miss D her dinner and then we were getting ready to go over to our neighbors house for dinner and to hear their daughter Sarah share about her trip to China. Miss D was her normal self... happy in the evenings. So we head out. Eva is so happy to see Miss D and gives me a break and takes her to play. After a little while Miss D starts to get grumpy. I go to the rescue and put her on my lap for a while. Greg sets up the pack and play so that we can stay for dinner while Miss D goes to sleep. I go into their room and start to feed Miss D. All is going normally... done with one side and I burped her. I move to the other side to finish her off and she makes this choking noise. I sat her up and burped her and then out comes the mother load. She was vomiting.... not just spit up either... FULL ON VOMIT. I was frozen.. what do I do? Here it comes again... and again and again. Four times in all. I was covered and so was she. Note the color of the font and you will be right there with me. Her blanket had chunks all over it and so did our neighbors bed. Just a little got on the bed... but still it is their bed and someone just puked on it. I gathered her up and put her in their bathroom. I tried to get Mr D's attention, but he was in the kitchen. I didn't want to exit the room because people were eating dinner and if they saw what covered my shirt and pants their dinner would have been ruined. Sarah saw my deer in the headlight look and got Mr D for me. He came into the room to find me and Miss D covered in her dinner. We striped her down and put a blanket around her to take her home. Thankfully we were next door and didn't have to go far. We got her home and then both got changed. I thought that I would feed her just a little bit to settle her tummy. Bad idea because what was left in there came up along with what I had just fed her. So, we both headed to the tub to get cleaned up. After all of that she went to bed at 9:30pm and slept all night until morning. What a nightmare. Thanks to Shelia for coming to the rescue. After 6 kids it was nothing to her to have a little puke on her bed. We felt so bad to just puke and then leave. But, they are the best most understanding people we could have living next door to us. So that was the inside scoop into my weekend.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Ah, the old puke-and-dash. Classic.

Anonymous said...

too funny!

: )