Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Whole Heart Faith
I'm sitting here at the desk with Aly at my feet cleaning out both of the bottom drawers. There are envelopes and paper scattered about. You can always tell where she has been because she leaves a trail of toys. She is a bit like me when it comes to that. I'm still trying to learn to pick up after myself. As I am still learning, I can be an example for her. Being an example is what we talked about today at BSF. Do we have to obey the 10 commandments if we are saved by faith and not by our works. One would think that "well I can do whatever I want, God will forgive me." I'm sure that your conscience in telling you that isn't true. The truth according to Romans 3:31. "Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary we establish the law." We need to uphold the 10 commandments and live according to the law to be an example to other people who need Jesus. They will see through our lives that we are trying to live a life pleasing to God and that Jesus can live through us. Therefore our choices are His choices. We need to have a faith that upholds the law. God knows what is best for us and that is why we have to follow the law and obey Him. People may have faith in doctors, finances or anything else that is of the world. Where the challenge lies in having faith in God. Having faith that he knows what is best for us and that we can find the answers to life's questions in HIS WORD. Now Aly is standing on to my chair... looking at me like HELLO aren't you going to play with me? Wait... no I just found a pile of paper to play in... no wait I'm over that. Play with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment