Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm a big kid, look what I can do.

When did she think that it was a great idea to pull herself up in her crib. She sure thinks that she is hot stuff though. It happened about a week ago. I put her down for her nap. Just like clockwork... on the tummy with her blanket over her back. She reaches back for me to give her the corner of her blanket, so she can hold it in her hand as she puts her thumb in her mouth. I turn on her music and walk out of the room. Ahhhhh.... naptime. Now mommy can do as much a possible in about 2 hours. Time passes and I hear some noises upstairs. No crying, just talking noises. They go on and on without the normal break of a few sucks on the trusty thumb. On and on and on and on. I go to investigate. What do I find? My BABY has pulled herself up to standing in her crib. No, No, No I think, not yet. Why does this little girl have to be to big for her size 3 britches? Momma I want to get 4 teeth, momma I want you to walk me around, momma I want to pull myself up in my crib. Did I do this to her? Have I pushed her to fast? I have to say I think that she is just a go getter and I'm learning this about her early, so I have time to adjust. A note to all. Alyenna is a doer. She is not passive, she is an investigator. She is very curious. She has a gentle spirit, but is a turning into a little jabber box. When I was little I can remember my mom having to tell me to "Say Hello". I don't think that I will ever have to do that! It is just amazing what God can create in a human being. I'm sure that she will be teaching me lessons about being BOLD. I pray for her to use her BOLDNESS for the kingdom of God. There is so much I'm learning about this little girl... but could we figure out what color her eyes are? No, she is keeping that one to herself.

No comments: