This morning my little sweet baby woke up at 6am. Which is an hour earlier than normal. She didn't go back to sleep and I could tell that she was standing up in her crib from the noises that she was making. It was still dark, so I went in and picked her up. We sat down in the glider and she laid her sweet head on my chest and snuggled up with me. I had her in her cozy pink fleece blanket and she had the corner in her hand sucking her tiny little thumb. I sat there with my baby rocking in the glider in the dark remembering her as an infant. When laying on my was all that she could do. I compare that to now when having her snuggle up on me is a special once in a while treat. She is an on the go active baby who rarely takes a minute to take a break. When she wants to go to bed she would rather be put down in her bed than fall asleep in my arms. We trained her to be that way from the beginning so that she would have any issues falling asleep on her own. So this morning was a wonderful gift from God. Thank you Lord for my healthy baby. I sat there with tears of love and gratitude for the gift that I have received to be a mother. I thought of the times that I have left to rock her in my arms and how they are numbered. She has grown so fast and I will remember this morning forever. It was different than the other times that I have snuggled with her. Those other times it has been because she needed help falling asleep. Today she never fell asleep. She snuggled in my arms with her thumb in her mouth and her foot dangling off the edge of the glider running her toe across the cushion. She is just like her daddy...always having to fidget. She is in bed now and there are times during the day when I can't wait for a quiet time alone. But when she is in bed, I long for the time when she is awake and I can hold her and give her kisses. It is hard to comprehend that Jesus loves me so much more than I love her. Thank you Jesus for understanding my shortcomings and loving despite my sin.
Monday, October 16, 2006
A morning to remember.
This morning my little sweet baby woke up at 6am. Which is an hour earlier than normal. She didn't go back to sleep and I could tell that she was standing up in her crib from the noises that she was making. It was still dark, so I went in and picked her up. We sat down in the glider and she laid her sweet head on my chest and snuggled up with me. I had her in her cozy pink fleece blanket and she had the corner in her hand sucking her tiny little thumb. I sat there with my baby rocking in the glider in the dark remembering her as an infant. When laying on my was all that she could do. I compare that to now when having her snuggle up on me is a special once in a while treat. She is an on the go active baby who rarely takes a minute to take a break. When she wants to go to bed she would rather be put down in her bed than fall asleep in my arms. We trained her to be that way from the beginning so that she would have any issues falling asleep on her own. So this morning was a wonderful gift from God. Thank you Lord for my healthy baby. I sat there with tears of love and gratitude for the gift that I have received to be a mother. I thought of the times that I have left to rock her in my arms and how they are numbered. She has grown so fast and I will remember this morning forever. It was different than the other times that I have snuggled with her. Those other times it has been because she needed help falling asleep. Today she never fell asleep. She snuggled in my arms with her thumb in her mouth and her foot dangling off the edge of the glider running her toe across the cushion. She is just like her daddy...always having to fidget. She is in bed now and there are times during the day when I can't wait for a quiet time alone. But when she is in bed, I long for the time when she is awake and I can hold her and give her kisses. It is hard to comprehend that Jesus loves me so much more than I love her. Thank you Jesus for understanding my shortcomings and loving despite my sin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
This one made me cry! What a blessing a healthy baby is... Thank you Lord Jesus! :) Stacey
You really summed it up for all us mommies, Michele. I had a moment last night during our last feeding where I was in tears. Sometimes it just hits you over the head out of the blue...how much you love this little person and how in the world could there be a love greater than this? God is good!
Post a Comment