I had to get the excess wax out of the jar. I put the jar upside down in the oven on a baking sheet lined with foil. I turned on the oven to 350' and sat there and waited. The wax started to drip down the side and I thought... this might actually work. The wheels were turning. What could I put in it???? Gumballs was my first thought. I don't even own any gumballs, let alone eat them. What else? As the wax was dripping my oven was smelling just like the scent of the candle. Balsam Fir... Christmasy of course. I took it out and wondered what do I do with the wax? Pour it in the garbage all drippy? I tried that... it dripped on the side of the pan and all over the garbage. Opps... crafting beginner mistake. I got that cleaned up and then I wondered how do I get the oil residue out of the jar. Windex to the rescue. It kinda worked... along with some dish soap and lots of scrubbing. Then the jar was squeaky clean. Now to the laundry room where my lame craft supply is. 4 little things of craft paint and few pieces of scrapbook paper. I have lots of beads though. I had to work those in somehow. So lots of coats of paint, some mod podge to hold the paper on and some raffia and wallah.. a holder for my cotton balls that I got out of Miss D's old room where they have been since she was a baby. I don't even use cotton balls for much... but they do look cute in there right. I suppose when I get tired of having it on my counter I can use it to hold pens or loose change.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Colonial Candle Jar No More
I finished up burning my jar candle today and was thinking... what would shannon or beckie do with this nice heavy glass lidded jar. I pondered all day. The thoughts running through my head... what kind of lame attempt could I muster up at being creative. Give me someones house to organize or decorate and I can give a good attempt. I'm a fan of always moving the furniture around and keeping things interesting around the house. But creating something from nothing... that would be a task. I guess I lack the ability to visualize. I would be the kind to go and find something cute to just buy and bring home. Well... feeling inspired to create on my own I went for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










5 comments:
You crafty thing you! I'm beaming with pride at my little crafting protege!
It looks so cute! The beads are a surper cute touch!
You are truly amazing.
Looks Great! I love reading your blog...miss D is cute, I think she looks like you both, that's hilarious that a lady you'd never met asked you that! My oldest is a mini-me of his daddy. ALL the time people comment about it! I'm glad, cuz i think he's handsome :).
That is really cute! What a great idea! You are crafty, give yourself some credit!!! =)
Wow impressive! I love that idea. You did such a great job. Give yourself a big crafty pat on the back. Way to go!
Post a Comment