Thursday, December 6, 2007

steak...smooth as butter.

Miss D and I along with my dad's family went to Ruth's Chris Steak House tonight. We just went there for Mr. D's Bday a few weeks ago. We were treated again because my dad's sister is in town from St. John. My cousin was there who I haven't seen in a while also. It was a great evening and a great dinner. Really people does it get any better. Petite Filet med-medium well ( and they are that good to be able to meet the pink/red ratio that I require) perfect as always. Steak along with a side Cesar salad...split of course with my best co. Also, a side of an array of things.... Creamed Spinach Au Gratin (with sharp cheddar), Lightly Garlic Mashed Potatos, Asparagus aka "Gus", Julienne French Fries. Miss D was loving it . She is such a meat and potato kinda girl. She even got a scoop of "cream" after. We had great service as always and great wine. I asked for a holiday fun cocktail and he recommended a Mojito... not exactly a wintery kinda drink in my book... but tasty all the same. And to follow up a great dinner was a Cream Brulee with Fresh Berries. Yumm-o. I can't recommend this place enough. It is always wonderful. I'm not much of a steak person. I can't stand prime rib or most steaks... the fat and the veins and stuff just puts me over the edge. But at RC's the light is dimmed, so you really can't see to much detail of what you are eating and the fact that the steak comes out on a 500' plate sizzling with butter really makes it ok with me. Also, I measure how good a steak is by how many bites I have to spit out. If there is something that just isn't right with the bite... gristle or something. My teeth and tongue have heightened radar when it comes to steak consistency. I can say that out of the many times that I have been to RC's... I have only once had a cut of steak that wasn't good and I had only 4-5 spit out bites that time. The rest of the visits I never spit out a tasty morsel. So here's to Ruth's Chris Steak House and to many more dinners there.

1 comment:

Martta said...

I agree with you a 100%!! We only go for Birthdays or special occassions and it is aways a treat! Except I always get the regular filet and take the leftovers home and make steak and eggs for breakfast! :) Gotta love Ruth Chris' Next month we get to go twice in a two week period!! So looking forward to it! Thanks for sharing! My mouth is watery! :)
Mar