Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Cookies and Dirty Floors





This was last night. My grandma gave us a batch of star sugar cookies. I HAD to let my girl have just one. We have been cutting majorly back on the sweets lately. I knew it was time when we drove onto the road that my In-Laws live on and she yells from the back seat "fruitsnacks"! There is just something wrong with that. So she has been rationed. But hey it's Christmas Time... I'm sharing a cookie with her. She devoured it! That's my girl... loves her veggies and loves her some sugar! I suppose there is a little bit of me in there somewhere. She sure acts alot like her daddy through.... proceed to next picture.



Miss D was down stairs having her breakfast of choice. I was upstairs checking email...making the bed etc. I heard her say "all done mom" and so this is what I found. If you know my hubby it
won't surprise you. Silly little girl.



I was Christmas shopping the other day and someone asked me if my husband was ... well you may know his name. They asked me because they said that Miss D looked like him and they were just wondering. I had never met this women in my life and they could pin point my husband because of my daughter. How random is that?


Also.. another great statement/story.... I was at a family dinner a few nights ago. Our reservation was at 6:30pm and we arrived there with our party of about 16 or so. The night proceeded as follows...
7pm- drinks were served
7:30pm fondue was served and dinner order taken
8pm- Soup and Salads arrive
8:40pm-Dinner was served
9:40pm- we are headed home.
It was a very long and tiring night... I had to change Miss D's diaper about half way through the night. It was just wet thankfully! It was an old restaurant and there was no changing table in the one stall bathroom! I had to take her diaper off and somehow put it back on while she was standing. Well... not possible. I had to lay her across my knees as I was squatting down. I had heels on my boots, so I was able to balance somewhat. She was inches from the dirty bathroom floor. I was sweating and there was someone waiting in line for the bathroom. And to top the night off... one of my family members(who I hadn't seen in since my weight loss) asked me if I had lost like 200 pounds. It was funny...we all laughed awkwardly. But hey it's cool. I do feel like I have lost that much... all the work it took to lose. I suppose after the 1st of the year it won't be to bad to get the last 10 off.... if I look like I've already lost 200!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

200 pounds! congratulations you just won the biggest loser!

That's ridiculous! But I guess they were just trying to say, "you look great!"

Mrs. Jones said...

Hi Michele, My mom asked me to post this for her...

LOL Michele. We all knew what Uncle John was saying, in his own funny way. You look Great!!(I wish someone would and could say that to me)He he he.

I just got a call back from the Restaurant Manager of the marathon dinner place. He said that's not the usual and wanted to know what he could do for us? I don't know about you but I'm not ready for another one of them dinners anytime soon. So, I gave him Gma's number. Maybe we could get a $300.00 discount..Ya think??

See ya soon
Aunt Barb

Erica said...

I agree, you do look GREAT! And, those pictures are so cute! I think the cookie thing runs in the family!!!

Margie said...

Okay, I know I told you this in person, but those pictures are so darn cute. Was just watching "the santa claus" on tv, and I think Miss D could be one of the elves with that cute smile and those chubby cheeks and that twinkle in the eye. Can't you just picture her with striped socks and pixie shoes and a stocking hat, making toys??? Well, maybe just guarding the candy canes and hot chocolate??