Wednesday, December 5, 2007


So here is a touch of the Christmas spice up here in the country. We decorate our tree the same every year. It has been that way since we got married. Green, Red and White. We have had the same lights since we got married. We were married in the fall and when Christmas came around we didn't have anything to decorate with. Mr. D came into the marriage with a box of his childhood ornaments and that was it. So we headed out for a Christmas decoration buying binge. That was year number one and since then I have slowly added a few decorations each year. They last two years though I wasn't to into decorating. I had the mindset that whatever I get out of the box is going to have to go back in after Christmas is over. Two years ago I was very prego with Miss D and last year I was still feeling nausea from being pregnant with Hazel. So this year I went all out. Lights up the stairs, in the nook and in the entryway. None outside though... I'm not that brave with the ladder. Mr. D didn't grow up putting up Christmas lights on the house and my family only did it a few times.... so it isn't really a must for me. My little tot is doing well. She is talking SO well and recalling things from days before. She is associating things with other things... like Grammy's house and fruit snacks, Grandma and Grandpa's house with their golf cart. When she gets dropped off there she will declare "momma church" or "momma doctor" those are the only places that she thinks I ever go without her. Today she was at the golf house with my parents and they went for a ride in the golf cart and saw a tree that had fallen down. When I got back from BSF she told me in the saddest most tradgic voice.."tree fall down... papa fixed it". Tonight in the bath she was still talking about it. She is surely approaching two years old. She has lost her baby fat face and she has a huge tummy and skinny little legs. Her hair is getting long also. The other day I put it up in ponytails with half her hair and then I braided them. She was a pint-sized blond version of Pippy Longstocking...(one of my favs as a child)
Pippy Longstocking is coming into your world
A frekled face red-head girl.....
that's all I remember.
Have you ever gone back and watched the favorite movies of your youth?
Neverending Story.....so not as cool as I remember. But the princess at the end of the movie was everything that I remembered. Here is a little insite into my youth. I cried at the end of that movie when I watched it so long ago... because I can remember wanting to be that princess so bad. I wanted to wear that crown she wore and her dress was so pretty.
There was this cartoon movie that I also loved... these dolls or something would go through the mirror and then be in a different world or something.... a friend and I watched that a few years ago when we saw it in the video store... lame! Just did a google search for "80's through a mirror cartoon"... and I found the title.
I heard that The Flight of the Navigator is still good. I will have to watch that one again.The Secret of Nihm.......I wonder how dark and spooky that one is now that I'm an adult.
Wow... Christmas decor to movies of my childhood.
Now that is a random blog entry.

2 comments:

Steph said...

First, your decorations look simply lovely! I'm in the "if it goes up, Henry could tear it down" stage. :) I had to share that ME TOO! I wanted to be the princess in the Neverending Story!! I would actually hang fake pears on my head and wrap a sheet around my body and say her lines. What. A. Dork. Anyhow - I'm SO with you. Very vivid imagination, this one.

Steph said...

Hmm. My first comment didn't post...sorry if this becomes a repeat. First, your tree is lovely! Second...I am SO with you! I wanted to be the princess in the Neverending Story!!! I would actually hang fake pearls on my head and wrap a sheet around myself and say her lines into the mirror. What. A. Nerd. Vivid imagination, this one!