Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Meme

The Meme Rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/stories about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Here we go.


#1. If I'm somewhere other than home I absolutly cannot stand on someone else's bathmat. It totally grosses me out. (No offence... it's not you it's me)

#2. I hate to clean house. I have to pretend in my own head that I'm cleaning someone else's house so that I don't skimp and cut corners. I know that if I do I'm going to have to clean it sometime, so I may as well buck up and do it. ( I was cleaning the shower as I thought of this one.)

#3. I cannot stand having long toenails. It also grosses me out to see others have a french pedicure. I know that you have to have semi-long toenails to have one of those and I just wonder... what is underneath those long toenails? You can't see it because of the polish. I just know that there is yucky stuff under there and I just can't stand to have my toenails even the slightest bit long. I have to cut them!

#4. When I was 8ish I was playing the game "let's see if I can knock you over while I swing backwards and you run back and forth behind me"... you may think hmmmm, not a very safe game. Well I guess that fact wasn't to important to me at the time. I was on the swing and was swinging my darnedest to knock over a friend. I proceeded to fall out of the swing face first. My head landed on the cedar chip cover of the ground and my body landed on the step below on the the grass. I bit completely through my bottom lip. I can remember running over to my mom in the house and pulling at her apron and seeing her look down in horror at my bloody face. I had to get stitches to close up my lip and to this day you can feel the scar tissue in my lip and see where my teeth went through to the other side. Ask to see it... it is cool. By the way... don't let your children play that game.

#5. I wanted to name our first child Hazel. Steven had said no way... that is a Grandma name. So we decided on Alyenna if she was a girl. I then I wanted to name our next child Hazel and Steven said no. Until she was born we didn't have a name. I don't remember if it was before or after I delivered our second baby girl that I exclaimed I want to name her Hazel amongst my tears. And Mr. D said "It is Perfect". He came up with her middle name. (Hope)
This is the complete meaning of her name ( we didn't know this until some information was gathered and given to us. )
Hazel- found in Greek, Hebrew and Old English
One who sees God, Commanding Authority, and the vision of God, One who God watches over, God sees. Also, from hazel nuts come oil. In the Bible, oil is for anointing and represents the Holy Spirit's presence and power.
Hope- Eph 1 and Eph 4..... confident assurance of adequate resources...and confident expectation based on solid certainty (of Who God is)
She is in Heaven now and sees God, God is watching over her in Heaven. Interesting stuff huh!
Some of this is the words of my mother-in-law... Thanks to her friend for researching this and telling us.

#6. I have been the product of a miracle. A placeta abruption can be life-threatening to the mother. She can bleed to death. I had a sudden very large blood loss at home and needed an ambulance to take me to the hospital.My mother-in-law was praying and laying hands on my belly while I was in labor to speak to Hazel Hope, so that the power of Jesus would give her life. Those prayers were for me and we didn't know it until after and we realized it. I was ok and my recovery time was very fast. Praise God.

#7. I shave my arm hair so that it is shorter.

#8. I roll and rustle around in bed until I am completely comfortable and it bugs the *%$# out of Mr.D!


Tagged.

Shannon, Kelli, Kristin, Martta, Erica (you need to jump on the blogging bandwagon!!!), Beckie F., Shannon's sis (Kim), Jodi ( you have a blog don't you???)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

will work on that...Kelli

Brazenlilly said...

I'm Jen, the friend that tagged Steph, who tagged you, and I wanted to tell you I was really blessed reading your post. It's obvious that God is working in you and I feel confident he will USE you in the future to help another family heal! Also, I am SO with you on the long toenails.

Shannon said...

interesting stuff about you as well. How did the clean freak boys marry the hate to clean girls?

Steph said...

You shave your arm hair? That's awesome. And I'm with ya on the cleaning thing...I have to remind myself that if I skip the corner, it will just be grosser next time. :) Thanks for doing your Meme!

Eryn said...

You are so right about the hubby's hating ANTM! Mine LOATHES it. But, watch anyway! Have a great day...Your blogs inspire me by the way.