I was given a loose diamond as a remembrance of Hazel from someone very special.. I was also told to have it made into a necklace that I could give to Little Miss A at her graduation. So I took it in to our jeweler and began to describe what I wanted. I wanted to model the necklace after something special to me. As I started to describe a heart our jeweler went over to her desk and said that she had one made and thought it might be what I was wanting. It was perfect. One of their jewelers (the one who made my wedding ring) had handcrafted this heart and the size of the heart would off set the size of the diamond perfect. So I left the loose diamond(always a bit scary... never know if your going to get the same one back) and they set the diamond in a setting and attached it to the heart. I wanted the bail to be set on the necklace so that it layed a bit sideways. Isn't it pretty. So I will have this as a remembrance (one of many that have been given to me by very special people) necklace and I will someday give it to my daughter so she can have a reminder of her sister in Heaven.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
BEAUTIFUL...GOOD JOB PICKING A SETTING...
love it. what a great heirloom to pass onin your family.
Post a Comment