Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Times




Saturday we took a trip down to Canby for the Swan Island Dahlia Festival. There were acres and acres of Dahlias. It was so beautiful. We walked up and down the rows of flowers and we wrote down our favorites. I would love to have a garden like this will so many Dahlias. I was so inspired to get to planting some Dahlias for next summer. I just love these flowers so much. There are so many varieties... I could just plant them all. They were also selling cut dahlias for $5/bunch. I bought 3 bunches. An Orange, Coral and Red bunch... and ohhh they are just SO pretty. Hey have I talked enough about Dahlia? Can't see them to well.... but I was wearing some capri jeans that I haven't wore since before I was pregnant with Aly....
Moooooving on.


We had our 3rd Annual Church Picnic on Sunday at the park. It was much better weather this year. Last year it was like 90' and little miss aly was a young little tot. She had much more fun this year.... I didn't do to well with my caloric intake at the picnic. I made some zucchini bread and put this icing drizzle on it..... mmmm so good. I had like 2 pieces. I had to have a skimpy dinner. But is was so worth it. I taught Aly how to frown... she is so cute when she mimics me. Here is Mr. D frowning and Aly looking at him. Also... A friend known as Grandpa Ed at church was taking here for a walk and she made sure that he knew about her "oweee" on her knee. She pointed to her knee and said "fall" so he had to give her a band aid and for the rest of the picnic she was showing everyone her band aid. Her "oweee" was so old... there wasn't even that big of scab there. She was just hamming it up with her "oweee".

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!
She is such a hambone!

Anonymous said...

You look GREAT Chele! :)

Mel