
After a four year dry spell... Mr. D finally shot a deer. Last time this happened the weather was warm and the deer was going to spoil from hanging so they cut it up and put garbage bags of deer meat in my fridge. YUCKY. And what is the weather going to do this week I hear... warm!
I won't post a picture because mr. deer is missing his fur and his insides. We are skipping the butcher this time because last time I'm not sure that we got the same meat back. So... Mr. D is going to borrow a friends meat grinder and go to town with it himself. I'm so happy for my hubby because I just know that he is going to be in such a great mood. Year after year of never killing anything can really bring a guy down. So... now that there has been a deer shot and some antlers to keep and some meat to put in the freezer Mr. D should have his killing tank all filled up. I'm thankful that he came home safely after 4 days in the woods and that he was able to fill his tag this year.










1 comment:
Congrats to Steve!!!! We'll be looking forward to some deer jerky now! I hear it's yummy and salty...
Post a Comment