Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What I never knew


I learned a new thing yesterday. I learned it while watching Charlotte's Web. (the old version)

I learned how spiders get from here to there. All my life I never could figure out how spiders could string their web across such long distances. Like from one tree to another. I thought that they would walk down the tree and over to to the next tree and up to where they could get across... I don' t know. It was to hard for me to wrap my brain around. You know when you walk through a string of web and there is no spider in site. Well at the end of Charlotte's Web all her baby spiders are born and they all go up to the fence post and stick their little spider booty up in the air and catch a ride through the air by their web catching the wind. It was one of those A-ha moments that is followed by the thought... why didn't I ever figure that out?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That's funny! I'd say I was an adult when I figured that out too. The whole web making process is still somewhat of a mystery to me though. But I'm not going to get close enough to a spider for long enough to find out!!! 8)

oh, and why must I do this whole word verification thing everytime I leave a comment? c'mon!