Tuesday, October 2, 2007

What the new car?


We got a postcard in the mail over the weekend saying that the dealership that we got our car from was offering a up to 85% buy back program. So I went in for an oil change yesterday and Mr. D met me there... such a surprise. I never get to see him during the day, let alone as a surprise! It was so coo. So we wandered around the car lot wondering how much they would give us as a trade. They were running low on 2005 CR-V's and were looking to make us a deal. So we looked at the Honda Pilots... nice but pricey. We looked at the Honda Vans... much to Mr.D's horror. He says he is to young to drive a van. So moving on... we looked at the Jeep Commander. Great price, quick call to check insurance (45$/year cheaper) and optional fold-down third row seating. We wander inside and sit down at the table. Keep in mind Miss D was with us. We are under the time crunch gun... she is without her afternoon nap. She is holding up quite well for 3pm. Nagotiations begin. They tell us what they will give to us if they "buyback" our car. It is in great condition, but over the allotted mileage they would like it to have. Ok... to low for us. We walk. They say... let me see what I can do. They dissapear. I will save you all the details. If you have bought a car from a dealership you know exactly what I'm talking about. So we agree on a buyback price for the CR-V and a price for the Jeep. Work out the details and we were able to get into a new car and lower our monthly payment. Great! Ours is dark grey!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Sweet ride! That's exciting...and ALWAYS how we buy cars. Totally random. :) Have fun!

Shannon said...

oh I love unexpected surprises! Can't wait to see it!

Kelli said...

I like! So, you want to pick me and the kids up and go to breakfast tomorrow in your new ride?