Saturday, November 10, 2007

BSF Lesson today

The First day of my BSF lesson.
Matt 7: 1-5
Do Not Judge
1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

What other words can be used for judging?
I came up with measure and comparison. One of the questions touched a bit on Galatians 1:8 and 2 John 8-11.
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
8 Look to yourselves, that we[b] do not lose those things we worked for, but that we[c] may receive a full reward. 9 Whoever transgresses[d] and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.


This passage is explained to me in the BSF lecture and here is what I got out of it...
We need to have spiritual discernment to determine our word and our actions towards non-believers. The only way we can attain that is through prayer.

Then the teaching leader touched a bit on world teaching vs. biblical teaching. The world seeks for tolerance and we need to measure everything against the bible. How do you know if it is truth teaching? Does it agree with the bible?

Lastly in my notes I wrote a bit about the end of Matt 7. Jesus is teaching about building your house on a solid foundation... not the shifting foundation of sand. I was able to attest to this with the death of my second born. I was able to rest in Jesus and know that God is good all the time. I was able to turn to the only thing left that I had to grasp to and that was the bible and the truth in those pages. I had nothing else. In my time of need...God met me and has been much more of a reality ever since then.

Jesus
Shepard
Narrow Gate
Truth
Good Fruit Producer
Counselor

I am so fascinated by how God is always layering my life and how lessons from Him through BSF always fit just perfect to my daily questions .

No comments: