In the past few weeks my little Miss D has had an teeny weeny appetite . After trying to get her to eat... she will say yes.... no...hungreen. We figured out the problem. She wasn't' chewing her food. She ate a pickle the other day and then she threw it up and there wasn't any chewing marks on it. She was swallowing the pieces whole! That is enough to upset a stomach! So now that I watch her eat very closely I can see that she barely chews her food. Well, that has to stop! So we are not watching her eat and making sure that she is chewing. Her appetite is improving. I think that she was nervous about eating because of the reaction that she was having after she ate a big meal. PUKE! So now I say to her "chew chew chew" and "i want to hear it". She puts her little mouth while she is chewing mouth up to my ear so I can "hear it". Good thing she had a little chunck to spare. She looks like a toddler now... no more tummy or chubby cheeks. Last night she had a big plate of meat loaf and this morning she had a big bowl of oatmeal and followed it up with a whole large navel orange at snack-time. She just asked me for a nap. So I went and put her in her bed. Is it weird that she asks me to go to bed? That just isn't something that a 20 month old little person does, is it? Maybe she is growing? Maybe she just requires a lot of sleep? Her whole little life she has slept a lot. But when I think about me and Mr D we sure love to sleep to.
She talks so well. She is speaking in 3-4 word sentances. This mornign she was laying in bed with us. I told her that "it was to dark to wake up" So she was talking to her self. "Matthew" over and over about 100 times. She also had her blanket over her face and was making a noise like blowing out a candle. Silly little girl. We were lame and didn't do anything for Halloween. I'm still on the fence about dressing up and trick-or-treat. I'm not to into identifying myself to evil spirits and saying "hey look at me"or "want to come and hang out". I'm sure some of you will think that is weird... but if you look at an old post of mine... you may agree.
yes, i'm not wearing mascara in this picture..i'm sure you are wondering why i look weird. god blessed me with blonde eyelashes OK.










2 comments:
you look beautiful with or with out mascara silly...it looks more weird to you than to me...now, if I don't wear any mascara...that's a different story! Want to hang Sat night at Jules' for poker & some FRESH chicken noodle soup? Or should I say 'Ruffle soup'? :) Hugs....
You guys could come to our Harvest Party at Grace...with or without costume. It's just a fun time for kids and families that has nothing to do with "Halloween". We've loved going for the last 3 years. And we use our costumes as "dress up". :) Mel H.
Post a Comment