Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Opinions Needed

Anyone out there have any small group studies that you enjoyed? Our community group is getting ready to start for the year and we need to decide on a study.
~Marriage
~Finance
~Books of the Bible
~Raising Children
We could do the 40 days of purpose...that is always a great one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 comments:

Kelli said...

We've been reading through the Bible...period...it's been great. We chose 1 Cor and it's just amazed me how much we get out of the Word of God when a group of believers come together to study. We read a chapter per week and then come together to read it together & discuss...sometimes we stay on just a few verses the whole meeting because we have questions or need to cross reference to understand better or something like that...anyhow, it's the first time I've been in a group where we didn't use a study and it really has been great.
Anyhow, have a great day!~
I finally got an antibiotic for my sinus infection so I'm starting to feel a little better today. . . just doing school with the kids now and then will head outside for the rest of the day...: )

Mrs. Jones said...

Financial - Dave Ramsey is EXCELLENT. He has practical, Biblical solutions to money issues. He has a website you can check out. I think DaveRamsey.com

Parenting: Growing Kids God's way by the Ezzo's. Biblical parenting that is practical. Websites to check out are gfi.org and ezzotruth.com . Watch out when you google them though because there are some ezzo haters out there. Also, Shepherding A Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp is a great parenting resources. I also like Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas. It is less of a how-to manual and more of a book about how God uses parenting to change the parents.

Hope these help! If you have any questions email me. I will try to think of more for you. Love, Becky

Shannon said...

We are currently doing "The Four Seasons of Marriage" and we are really enjoying it.

Daphne said...

I am Lindsay and Jason's Aunt. I was just going to tell you that we are doing a great study right now called The Search For Significanct by Robert S. McGee. It is about (for women) to not live our lives and see ourselves as the World would but how God would and his perfect love for us. It is very good so far and the study is in the back of the book. We usually take two weeks per chapter. The first week just talk about the chapter and then the next week go over the questions. It helps me as a person, child of God, a wife and a Mother.
Have a blessed day!
~Daphne~

jlchristblog said...

i would like to do one on raising kids!

Shannon said...

I agree. Shepherding a Child's Heart is very good. I'm actually reading it AGAIN right now because it's been a few years and I NEED THE REMINDER!

erinlitteral said...

I diddo Kelli... Doesn't get better than that lately. Straight from the Word or using a study guide takes you through chapter by chapter, even verse by verse....questions to answer and all.

My husband and I are also going through Sheparding a Child's Heart for parenting guidance. Were doing it with the book and workbook. I'm loving it. Have received great referrals on this one from what I consider to be wise council.