This year Miss D has not adjusted to daylight savings time very well. She was up today at 6am! Not Cool! She is down for her morning nap right now. I guess over the course of the next few days she will get use to it. Getting up that early has always seemed wrong to me... but to be honest I'm starting to kinda like it. If I get to bed at a decent time, I'm not tired when I wake up...getting up that early isn't hard. Miss D goes down for her morning nappy around 9:30am or 10 am and she is up for lunchtime around noon. Getting up that early and starting my day makes for a very productive day. This morning I fed her breakfast... which was two huge bowls of brown sugar and milk oatmeal (which she calls "meal") and while she was eating I made my vanilla, ice and banana protein shake. Then I loaded the dishwasher from the night before. I copied some recipes onto index cards and put away our suitcase clothes from the weekend along with a 2 loads of laundry. I cleaned out the shower and got us dressed and ready for the day. Shared 2 kiwis with Miss D while she watched Little Einsteins....then she was ready for her nap... and here I am. Hmmm what should I do while she is asleep?
I should finish my BSF study from this week. I need to devote the 1st time of my day to reading my Bible and starting my day out with God first. A few weeks ago we talked about that in my BSF group. Many ladies shared their routine. I want Miss D to grow up seeing me be dedicated to the things that are most important in life. I want her to see that I have my priorities set right so that she will grow up doing the same thing. The last few morning she has been up early and I've felt the Holy Spririt nudging me to stop what I'm doing and give my first time of the day to God. The BSF lecture leader gave a few ideas on how to do that. She suggested to go through the Psalms and Proverbs and match the number with the day of the month. Their are 91 Psalms so I would go through the whole book in 3 months. Their are 31 Proverbs so I would go through the book of Proverbs in one month. I think I will start. Enough of this finding other things to do... there are always going to be other things to do... Jesus could come back at any moment and I want my heart and mind to be meditating on God's word all day. What better time to fill my head with His word than the morning.
Psalm 143:8
8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
I am trusting you. Show me where to walk,
I give myself to you.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
Good reminder about having the kids see 'us parents' having our priorities in order...I struggle with waking up and slowing down to get in the Word first thing. It's easier for me to do that at the end of the night when the house is quiet and I'm slowing down for rest. Seems if I start out the day that way I end up being unmotivated all day to get anything else done...anyhow...thanks
Great idea about matching up the numbers to the day it is...I think I'll start that too. :) Mel H.
This week I made a commitment to myself...a rule of sorts. I cannot get on my computer, check my email, or blog unless I have had my quiet time. It is working! And I'm starting my day off with the Lord. When Colt woke up this morning I had finished reading, but I hadn't finished praying. He got into bed and snuggled with me while I prayed silently.
Post a Comment