Wednesday, November 14, 2007

2 races left

So love me or not... I like NASCAR. I got a call tonight from one of my girlies and she said that she was learning a bit about NASCAR from watching the movie "CARS".... not a bad way to learn. I use to think that it was so dumb... a bunch of cars driving around in a circle. BORING! Let me tell you... that is so not the case. Here are a few tidbits of info about this fun sport.


#1- pit strategy... when during the race to pit... getting 2 tires vs. all 4 tires replaced? Questions that the pit crew boss has to answer.

#2- short track vs long track... I'm a fan of the short track races... more chance of a good wreck.


#3- great wrecks... (these NASCAR cars have such high safety regulations that the chance of getting hurt seems to be pretty low) not that I would wish a wreck on any of the drivers... especially my favs.


#4- pole position ( in the practice the day before the race each driver as the chance to run a few laps on the track that they will be racing on the next day. they are trying to get the best time and that leads to starting out in 1st place and getting the 1st pit spot.)


#5- the drivers... some are so down to earth and just love to race... (i speak as i even know any of them)


#6- Mr. D and I watch the race on Sunday pm after church. Miss D takes her nap and she wakes up in time to catch the end of the race.


#7- Perfect time to catch an afternoon nap.. after the race gets started and is close to about 1/2 over a snooze is just perfect... then you wake up in time to catch the last bit of the race.
Our favs...

#99 Carl Edwards

#17 Matt Kenseth

#16 Greg Biffle


1 comment:

Kelli said...

I would love to learn more about the racing so it made more sense to me when watching it...what I do understand I enjoy though...