Tuesday, November 20, 2007

hurry up to just wait.

If anyone out there would like to contribute to the...
"get me something else...other than dial-up...keep my sanity...need some visine for my eyes fund"
please do so.
I've been online for almost 2 hours trying to download some pictures to view of a friends site... up and down the stairs about 10 times checking to see how far the download had gotten.
10%................................25%.......................................41%.............................................................50%
(enter the lose patience level and close out the screen!)
Meanwhile, I'm baking Pumpkin Chocolate cookies. Mr. D isn't home from work yet... yes the time is 11pm. Long day today, but day after Turkey day off and no weekend work. So worth it, as I sit here eating a fruit of my labor while he is actually laboring... laying tile at the jobsite.

I won't even tell you all how long it took to download iTunes. Well, since I'm sure you are hanging on every word, I will tell you. 6 hours. There is something SO wrong with that as you all sit at your cable hooked up computers, brezzing through websites like they are going out of style. I have to chose what is more important to me... checking my email and posting a blog entry or sitting here for another 2 hours trying to view a youtube video?
Cherish the fast hook-up you all have and just know that I'm sitting here out in the country watching the blue line inching across the bottom of my screen...ever so slowly...losing patience in the end and closing out the window... making it not worth my time anyways because I didn't even get to see what I was waiting for.
I'm sure when I go brush my teeth, I will have lots of little red veins in my eyes and it will look like I've been doing something illegal.

2 comments:

jlchristblog said...

: )

thanks chele for trying to check the pics out!
ha....

Kelli said...

man, sure am glad I don't live way out in the boonies now... :)